• 2 tsp olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 large stalk celery, diced
• 1 medium carrot, diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 3/4 tsp rosemary
• 3/4 tsp tsp thyme
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (less to taste)
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 1/2 lb. Little Potato Company Creamer potatoes (I used Blushing Belle), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
• 64oz vegetable broth
• 3 cans Great Northern beans, drained & rinsed
• 6 cups chopped kale
• 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot, and cook until the vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes and pepper, and cook for 1 minute.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Decrease heat slightly and cook at a lively simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the beans and cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
6. Stir in the kale and cook until just wilted, about 1 minute. Season with salt. Serve.