Etouffee has such a rich creole flavor that I love, mostly over rice served with a side of vegetable. One day, my local grocery store had the prettiest collard greens and i wanted to do something different than the norm. I had some leftovers etouffee sauce and rice so, I deciced to make a steamed wrap with the collard greens. It was delicious. In the near further, I plan to do a Jamaican and Texas BBQ version.
- Fresh Whole Collard Green Leaves
- Etouffee sauce (add any type of protein)
- Broth ( Chicken)
- Warm a pot of water on stove that will fit collard green leaves. Blanch collard greens in hot water
- Once the leaves are able to bend without beaking, put in cold water and put aside to drain
- Combind rice and etouffee sauce ( Put about 1 cup of sauce to the side)
- Put about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the bottom of the baking pan. If sauce is too thick, use broth to thinning.
- Put filling towars the skinniest part of collard greens in the center
- Fold in the edges so that they overlap and roll. Repeat until baking pan if full
- Pour the remain of the sauce on the top of the collard green wraps
- Bake for 30-45 mins until tender to preference