6-8 skinless boneless chicken thighs
2 Tbs Jerk Seasoning
1/2 cup Jerk dry rub seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Season chicken & marinate for a minimum of two hours.
3. Bake for 1 hr or until tender covered
4. Once cooked, uncover for 30min to get crispy
5. Cool before cutting and serve with your favorite side. Because of the Spice, it goes well with sweet potatoes or rice.
For better flavor, cook on an outside charcoal grill.
I was so excited about the rain this past weekend that it put me in a great mood to cook. For months now I have been talking to family and friends about making smoked tri-tip chili and now was the perfect opportunity. I bought a few cans of beans and the tri-tip was already prepared which made the opportunity and process much more easy and exciting.
Envisioning this chili to be filled with smoky flavor from the grilling process of the Tri-tip, I gathered all my spices for extra enhancement. Using a heavy hand with the cumin, chili powder and bay leaves helped me accomplish my goal. A glass of dry red wine ( with a smoky, cocoa note) was also added and it was a great compliment to the overall flavor.
Chili is best when it simmers on low heat for hours. My recipe simmered for about two. Onions, green onions, sour cream and cheese are all great toppings and that can be added to this soul comforting meal.
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbs oil
1 can pinto beans, dark red kidney beans, Tri- bean blend, light red kidney beans
2 28oz Cans of five tomatoes
3 cups water
2 pack McCormick Chili seasoning mix
5 lbs of smoked Tri-Tip
1/2 cup dry red wine
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cloves
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 seasoning salt
1 tsp salt
7 bay leaves
1 Tbs brown sugar
1. Dice onion and garlic
2. On low heat, simmer until translucent in soup pot or cast iron pot. Add both cans of dice tomatoes
3. Open cans of beans and pour into stainer to rinse off excessive liquid
4. Add rinsed beans to pot
5. Add 3 cups water and one pack of chili seasoning mix to pot. Stir, Cover and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce to medium heat and allow to simmer.
7. Cut Tri-Tip into cube and add to pot.
8. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking
9. Add another chili seasoning mix and 1/2 cup red wine
10. Add remaining of seasoning and simmer on medium to low heat for 2 hour. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking
11. Serve hot with your favorite toppings.